So, I'm told I'm not much for sharing. Truth is, being transparent sort of ***exaggerated air quotes*** """Freaks me out.""" So when bloggers were getting together for a link party to talk about what they believe, I did not jump to join. But, as I time went on, I kept thinking about it, and kept noticing the beauty all around, making me really assess this - so I wrote it anyway.
And here is my version of what:
And let me just say as a side note...I'm a little sheepish mine is so long when Audrey's is so short and graceful - saying what she wants to say without overstaying her welcome. But here it is anyway.)
- I believe jumping on a big trampoline with children is the best calorie burner.
- I believe in keeping some twinkling lights up all year round.
- I believe in dollar store flip flops, pink scrubs, and towels straight from the dryer
- I believe in tipping the waitress, even if she's mean.
- I believe it was a mistake to forgo small town candy shops, drive-in movie theaters, and toy jacks.
- I believe in drawing with pen around freckles to make them look like faces.
- I believe in telling nighttime stories for Peter Pan, (but not so much in leaving cookies for Santa).
- I believe in a long day of thrift store shopping. Oh my, do I believe in a long day of thrift store shopping.
- I believe someone who is hard to love is in need of that love all the more.
- I believe in colorful felt, my husband's potato soup, and displaying your soap in a pretty dish.
- I believe in learning some big words like, onomatopoeia, and antidisestablishmentarianism just to have them at your disposal if you need to sound smart. (In fact, I just blurt them out whether they pertain to the conversation or not...people are so impressed they just walk away silently because they know they can't compete with my intellect.)
- I believe in humor
- I believe in displaying grandma's crocheted afghan even if it doesn't fit your interior design.
- I believe in occasionally crying for someone you've never met.
- I believe in the wisdom of most cliches, like, "Actions speak louder than words", and, "Home is where the heart is."
- I believe that dishes are some mystical evil and when you clean one, two grow back in its place.
- I believe the best compliment I receive is when people tell me my girls look like me.
- I believe in the unbelievable truth that one man could, (and did) die for the sins of the world.