Saturday, May 25, 2013

A New Job and Some Instagram

Hi everybody!  Miss me?

Most of you know that I have recently started a new full time job.

...It's good.  Truly.  I truly enjoy getting to know my co-workers.  I truly enjoy the customer service part of my job.  The other morning I got to start out the day with a man named Malcolm who had a thick English accent and worked at the Historical Society - and I don't know what it is about it, but it is just fun to start out the day talking to a man named Malcolm that works at the Historical Society.

Of course, with being a working mom comes the hamster wheel of going to work, coming home, eating dinner, doing homework, taking baths, going to bed - rinse and repeat.  The days go by much faster that way, and the weekends take on a new, much more precious nature. 

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss being home.   Although it was and remains hard to leave being a homemaker - this job is truly the best way to serve my family for the time being in our particular situation, and I am confident in the end, it will ultimately be a blessing.


What they told me is that this job is a work at home job, but I'm starting to have my suspicions.  I'm in a training period that seems to be the training period that never ends.  For now, I'm weary...I miss my friends and family...and I am so ready to come home.

Instagram, right now, is one of the few precious creative outlets I have.  I even invested in a fancy shmancy smart phone recently - and I broke it already, but that's another story.  Who knew dropping a smart phone on the corner of a concrete curb would completely break it in pieces.  Good thing I got the insurance. 

Here's some of the pictures, for those of you who don't follow my instagram, of our precious few moments together lately.

Yes, I've traded in paintbrushes and fabric scraps for post it notes and a headset  - but, as  you can see - life is still full of beauty.


To explain some of the pictures...the 1st picture, second row is our little herb garden.  It's flourishing now - except for the parsley looking stuff (which I don't really think is parsley - I have to read the tags to know...).  Anyways, the rabbits around here keep munching on it.

2nd row - third picture over was taken when we had a power outage (I'm told a transformer was down - which turns out to be less cool than what I had imagined it to be...)  The power outage was wonderful.  The weather outside was beautiful, so all our neighbors rubbed their eyes as if seeing the outside for the first time and sat in their front porches, and walked their dogs.  We were all out at once, and it was a reunion of neighbors in the calmest of ways.

The first picture, third row down is my friend from church, Sally in our coffee shop.  For those of you who don't already know - behind her is the door to the on air room where I do any volunteer radio work they volunteer me for.

Well, I'm off for now to seize those aforementioned  precious few moments I have with the fam.  Catch you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to see what totally excellent comment you will post! Go ahead, do it! Don't mind me....